Puppy Chow is one of my childhood holiday favorites, along with buckeyes! SO I wanted a healthier version with a bit less impact on my waistline…so here we are with some pure deliciousness!
Macros: 198 Cal – 8gF – 20gC – 13gP – 6gSugar
1) Measure cereal and place in a large bowl, set aside.
2) Pour powdered sugar or powdered erythritol and protein powder into 2-gallon resealable zip-lock bag.
3) In a saucepan over low-medium heat add peanut butter, chocolate chips and coconut oil. Stir continuously until chocolate chips have melted and the mixture is smooth.
4) Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and toss until evenly coated.
5) Carefully pour coated cereal mixture into the bag with the powdered sugar and protein powder. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on parchment paper to cool completely. Make sure you let it cool for a while before putting it in a container, otherwise your mix will get soggy.
6) Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Keeping it in the fridge will keep it fresh and crunchy!