- HOW IT WORKS
- related articles
You can’t crush your WODs if you’re sleep deprived.
According to the latest research, sleep deprivation is a national epidemic. Yes, it’s bad for your immune system, mental state and overall health. But did you know that being sleep-deprived zeroes out many of the gains you’re trying to make with your workout?
Supplementing with R&R by Driven® Nutrition helps you get to sleep faster, sleep more deeply, and more efficiently digest the nutrients you need to build muscle and recover from an intense WOD.
How Driven® Nutrition’s R&R Works
The health food store is full of natural sleep aids. But only R&R is formulated for the unique needs of endurance athletes, bodybuilders and CrossFitters. R&R’s blend of natural components help you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, improve your digestion, and boost hormone levels to promote muscle building, workout recovery, immune system strength and overall health.
Fall asleep faster and sleep deeper with a Sleep Restoration Complex
- Melatonin is a hormone produced during sleep that helps you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. (As a bonus, it also has antioxidant,anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and neuroprotective benefits.)
- Kava Kava extracts have been shown to aid in reducing sleep loss from anxiety.
- Valerian Root and Magnesium help you fall asleep faster and keep you asleep longer without interruption.
Improve resting metabolic rate
There’s no point in taking vitamins and other supplements if you can’t digest them effectively. R&R’s blend of natural digestive aids helps your body maintain digestion even when you’re asleep, keeping your resting metabolic rate high.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus, a powerful pro-biotic, helps maintain the health of your digestive system so it can operate at peak efficiency.
- Natural extracts (Black Cherry, Senna Leaf and Aged Garlic)offer both digestive and recovery support thanks to their antioxidant properties. Tart cherry extract also helps boost your body’s own melatonin production.
- Enzymes like Bromelain, Pepsin, Lipase, Maltase, Sucrase, and Lactase help break down your food (and supplements) into fats,sugars and proteins to give your digestive system a head start.
Boost muscle-building hormone production
Sleep deprivation reduces your body’s production of vital muscle synthesis hormones including insulin, testosterone and human growth hormone.R&R is designed to do double-duty: it encourages both the quality and quantity of sleep, and the natural plant extracts—several from Ayurvedic traditions—directly encourage your tissues to produce more of these vital hormones.
- The herbal extracts Cissus Quadrangularis and Coleus Forskohlii (Forskolin) are linked to increases in testosterone output
- L-Ornithine has been shown to increase output of some human growth hormones, and can also significantly reduce feelings of fatigue during a workout
- GABA is the “sedative” neurotransmitter that relaxes your brain and body for sleep. It has also been linked to human growth hormone(HGH) output.
Tested for purity
Driven® Nutrition’s clean formulas help you feel good about taking the supplements you need for peak performance.
Our pharmaceutical-quality manufacturing processes and ongoing batch testing guarantee purity—and that’s important in the unregulated world of workout supplements.
What is R & R
R&R is a product you won’t want to go without. The special formula made picking a name very easy for us. What does it do?
Helps you Rest & Recover
Nothing gets into a Driven® Nutrition workout supplement unless we’re confident it can help you achieve your fitness and strength goals. Our evidence-based products are formulated according to the most persuasive clinical studies we can find. Here are just a few samples of the available research on the ingredients in R&R, and the effects of sleep loss on your ability to gain muscle and tolerate your WOD.
Role of Sleep and Sleep Loss in Hormonal Release and Metabolism (Endocrine development. 2010;17:11-21. doi:10.1159/000262524.)
Impact of partial sleep deprivation on immune markers. (Sleep Med. 2013 Oct;14(10):1031-4. doi: 10.1016/j.sleep.2013.07.001. Epub 2013 Aug 28.)
Sleep deprivation impairs recovery from a single exercise training session. (Eur JAppl Physiol. 2017 Apr;117(4):699-712. doi: 10.1007/s00421-017-3565-5. Epub 2017 Feb28.)
Effect of Sleep Extension on the Subsequent Testosterone, Cortisol and Prolactin Responses to Total Sleep Deprivation and Recovery. (J Neuroendocrinol. 2016 Feb;28(2):12346. doi: 10.1111/jne.12346.)
Sleep and muscle recovery: Endocrinological and molecular basis for a new and promising hypothesis. (Medical Hypotheses 2011;77:220–2. doi:10.1016/j.mehy.2011.04.017.)
Effect of sleep deprivation on tolerance of prolonged exercise. (Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1981;47(4):345-54.)
Sleep deprivation and the effect on exercise performance. (Sports Med. 1989 Apr;7(4):235-47.)
Health consequences of shift work and insufficient sleep. (BMJ. 2016 Nov1;355:i5210. doi: 10.1136/bmj.i5210.)
Dietary Sources and Bioactivities of Melatonin. (Nutrients. 2017 Apr 7;9(4). pii: E367.doi: 10.3390/nu9040367.)
Valerian for sleep: a systematic review and meta-analysis. (Am J Med. 2006 Dec;119(12):1005-12.)
Clinical efficacy of kava extract WS 1490 in sleep disturbances associated with anxiety disorders. (J Affect Disord. 2004 Feb;78(2):101-10.)
Magnesium supplementation improves indicators of low magnesium status and inflammatory stress in adults older than 51 years with poor quality sleep. (MagnesRes. 2010 Dec;23(4):158-68. doi: 10.1684/mrh.2010.0220. Epub 2011 Jan 4.)
L-ornithine supplementation attenuates physical fatigue in healthy volunteers by modulating lipid and amino acid metabolism. (Nutr Res. 2008 Nov;28(11):738-43. doi:10.1016/j.nutres.2008.08.008.)
Effect of tart cherry juice (Prunus cerasus) on melatonin levels and enhanced sleep quality. (Eur J Nutr. 2012 Dec;51(8):909-16. doi: 10.1007/s00394-011-0263-7.Epub 2011 Oct 30.)
Growth hormone isoform responses to GABA ingestion at rest and after exercise. (Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 Jan;40(1):104-10.)
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE