- Cheese Pizza MEAT SNX™ – September 27, 2019
- Cinnamon Bun MEAT SNX™ – September 27, 2019
- Ranch MEAT SNX™ – January 2020
- Sriracha MEAT SNX™ – January 2020
- Sweet Barbecue MEAT SNX™ – September 27, 2019
- CBD Capsules – Nov 2019
- WHY IT’S BETTER
- related articles
You exercise, work hard, and play hard. You’re always on the run. Your active lifestyle demands convenient, high-quality nutrition. BarnDad Nutrition™ MEAT-SNX™ is the perfect protein snack for anyone aiming to achieve a healthier and more active lifestyle. Loaded with 20 grams of real chicken meat protein, 6 grams of fiber, and only 9 grams of net carbs, MEAT-SNX™ are light and portable, high-quality protein bites that deliver delicious, crispy, and crunchy nutrition for your on-the-go, healthy diet. Grab a box of MEAT-SNX™ or individual snack bags to keep you and your family going strong all day long.
Allergen Information: CERTAIN FLAVORS CONTAIN PEANUTS, TREE NUTS, AND/OR MILK. Manufactured on equipment that processes and packages peanuts and other tree nuts. May contain trace amounts of other nuts.
Why do we need protein? Protein provides vital amino acids for proper functioning and structural integrity of nearly every system in the human body. Each protein has a different structure, which affects the way it is absorbed and used by the human body. Proteins vary not only in their structure, but also in nutrition, performance, and even function.
HOW TO EVALUATE PROTEIN QUALITY
First, consider the protein’s essential amino acid content. There are nine essential amino acids required to meet your body’s needs – tryptophan, threonine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine + cysteine, phenylalanine + tyrosine, valine, and histidine. Proteins that contain an optimal proportion of all nine essential amino acids are called complete proteins, and they are vital to your diet.
Next, take a look at the amount of the protein needed to meet a standard daily requirement. You can easily find this by looking at the Percent Daily Value of protein in your food. For the average consumer, the nutritional panel on the back of a food package can be very informative. The Percent Daily Value factors in the amino acids, reflecting both the protein quality and protein quantity in the food. Generally, the higher the Percent Daily Value, the better. When it comes to protein, the Percent Daily Value is determined by two different metrics: PER and PDCAAS. You’ll want to take a look at both of these numbers when evaluating the quality of protein you consume.
The Protein Efficiency Ratio (PER) – The PER was the first method adopted for routine assessment of protein quality in foods. To find the PER, the weight gain of the test subject is divided it by the test subject’s intake of a particular protein during a measured testing period. Until very recently, PER was the preferred method of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for evaluating proteins, and it is still utilized for certain regulations.
The Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) – Since 1993, PDCAAS has been the preferred method of measuring the protein value in human nutrition by the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) of the United Nations and the World Health Organization (WHO). It has also been used by the USDA to determine the percentage of U.S. recommended daily allowance for protein displayed on food labels. Rankings for this metric are determined by comparing the amino acid profile of the specific food protein against a standard amino acid profile, with the highest possible score being 1.0. The score uses the essential amino acid requirements of preschool-age children (greater than one year, but less than four years of age) because they are considered the most nutritionally demanding age group.
If you’re looking for protein-packed foods that can benefit your body and contribute to your strength and muscle gains, research the protein’s amino acid content, PER, and PDCAAS. CHiKPRO™ is a trusted partner in the nutritional supplement industry…known for its focus on PDCAAS, PER and always striving to go above and beyond industry standards.
- Meat-Snx™, a Great Snack Option! - So many of my clients come to me for easy, on-the-go snack options that have a higher protein count and taste great. Most people get stuck using the same snacks day in and day out because with so many out there on the market, it is hard to know what will actually taste great and …
- As a Coach… Why I Suggest Meat-Snx™ To My Nutrition Clients - In today’s world, it seems that convenience drives most decisions. Nutrition is no different. It seems anywhere you go, there are endless on-the-go options for food and snacks that are low in quality and lack nutrient density. Fast food restaurants, gas stations, and online delivery provide people with so many opportunities to make less than …
- My review of Meat-SNX: The PERFECT High Protein Snack (so much better than a bar) - It was by total accident that I stumbled on these amazing Meat SNX by BarnDad Nutrition. Like most of you, I struggle to sometimes bring in enough protein on a daily basis. I get tired of chicken and rice 2 times a day, or I forget to eat all together. These handy snack packs have …