EVERYONE LOVES A GOOD COOKIES RECIPE. THIS ONE PACKS A PUNCH OF PROTEIN, USING OATS AND NUT BUTTERS LIKE PEANUT BUTTER. BECAUSE IT IS LOADED WITH FIBER AS WELL, THE DIGESTION OF THE CARBS IN THE COOKIE WILL BE MUCH HEALTHIER.
- 2 cups uncooked old fashion oats (NOT instant)
- 2 scoops Driven Vanilla Isolate Protein
- 1/4 cup wheat flour (or substitute: oat flour; sorghum flour; fine almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 4 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond butter
(or substitute: peanut butter; cashew butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 dried cherries (or your choice of naturally dried fruit)
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate
- Set oven to 350F.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Toss in any dried fruit or dark chocolate and mix together.
- Evenly divide the batter using a spoon or ice cream scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or silpat, then gently mash down on each circle since the cookies will not rise too much in the oven.
- Bake for no more than 8 minutes, then allow them to cool on a towel or a cooling rack. They will harden and become chewy as they cool.